You will need a minimum or five GCSEs, including Grade 5 in English Language together with four other subjects at Grade 4 or above (one of the four subjects must include Maths).
Additional entry requirements:
- You must have studied GCSE PE or Level 2 BTEC Sport and have achieved at least a grade 5 (GCSE) or Distinction (BTEC).
- You must also have achieved at least a grade 4 in GCSE Science.
- Given the practical content of this course, you must play competitive sport outside of School / College.
The College will always treat each applicant as an individual. Should you not have or not expect to obtain the grades stated above, or not have relevant industry-related experience, the College would still welcome your application for this course as this will enable us to identify whether this course is, in fact, the right course for you or whether another course may be more appropriate.
All course offers will be subject to satisfactory interview and reference.
Exploring concepts in physical education. Written examination: 2 hours 35% of qualification. Contextualised questions to include multiple choice, data response, short and extended answers.
Evaluating physical education. Written examination: 2 hours 35% of qualification. A range of questions to include data response, short and extended answers.
Improving personal performance in physical education non-exam assessment 30% of qualification:
- Practical performance in one activity as a player/ performer or coach
- Analysis and evaluation of personal performance
- Higher/Degree Apprenticeship
You will take three subjects over two years.
We offer a small number of BTEC courses at Sefton Sixth Form College. You can study one BTEC course alongside your two A-levels.
It is not expected that a student would attend both sites, but the feasibility of this would be discussed on an individual basis. Potential timetable clashes and workload would need to be considered in detail for this to be a possibility.