If you intend to study a programme of two A-level subjects and one BTEC Extended Certificate subject you will need a Grade 5 in English Language and have four other Grade 4 qualifications including Maths.
Additional entry requirements:
- You must have achieved at least a grade 4 in GCSE separate sciences or grades 4/4 in GCSE Dual Science.
The College will always treat each applicant as an individual. Should you not have or not expect to obtain the grades stated above, or not have relevant industry-related experience, the College would still welcome your application for this course as this will enable us to identify whether this course is, in fact, the right course for you or whether another course may be more appropriate.
- Unit 1 - Human Lifespan Development (exam)
- Unit 5 - Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs (coursework)
- Unit 2 -Working in Health and Social Care (exam)
- Unit 14 - Physiological Disorders and their care (coursework)
- Higher/Degree Apprenticeship
You will take three subjects over two years.
We offer a small number of BTEC courses at Sefton Sixth Form College. You can study one BTEC course alongside your two A-levels.
It is not expected that a student would attend both sites, but the feasibility of this would be discussed on an individual basis. Potential timetable clashes and workload would need to be considered in detail for this to be a possibility.